You might have heard various health claims about alkaline water, but are these true? What’s alkaline water all about? What are the things you need to know? In this post, we will talk about a few fast facts about alkaline water.
- The term alkaline refers to the pH level of a certain substance. The pH scale starts from 0 and ends at 14. If something had a pH of 0, it would be considered very acidic, while a substance with a score of 7 or more is considered alkaline. As obvious, alkaline water has a score of 8 or more.
- You can find alkaline water in the nature. Spring and stream water passes over rocks and caves, which alters the pH level and makes it alkaline. Natural spring water is being brand and sold these days at high costs.
- Yes, it’s possible to make alkaline water at home, and you will find a whole range of kits and options. However, most of these kits are really cumbersome, and hence, more people go for packaged water.
- Packaged water with high pH also comes with added minerals like potassium, magnesium and calcium, which are essential for the body, according to many studies. Check online and you can find researches and studies related to this.
- Alkaline water can be consumed by anyone, regardless of age. You just need to replace tap water with a good brand of high pH water. Tap water has a score between 6 and 7, while alkaline water scores over 8.
- Is alkaline water a myth? Let’s say it’s a controversial topic. Thousands of people have said some really good things about the concept, while the researches and studies are pretty limited. Having said that, there are no side effects whatsoever, and it is considered to be one of the healthier alternatives to plain water.
- Finally, you don’t need a prescription for alkaline water. Anyone can drink alkaline beverages. You just need to make sure that the beverage you choose has a good pH score, preferably over 9.
Check online to know more!