So, you have read some great reviews about the alkaline diet. The diet has a very simple concept – Eat alkaline promoting food to avoid more production of acids in the body. Of course, the diet is not easy to say the least. You need to quit everything that you love, including processed food, those Happy Meals from McDonalds, and even your French fries. So, how can you keep up with the alkaline way of living? Read on to find some of the best tips.
- Avoid processed foods. A slice of pizza every month won’t hurt you, but cut down the consumption of processed food. Anything that comes out of a can or packet has been processed in some way or the other and isn’t the best choice for your health. With alkaline diet, that is one of the key things you need to follow.
- Switch to alkaline water. With vitamin enhanced water, you can change the way you hydrate your body. Unlike regular tap water, alkaline water has the essential vitamins and minerals, including potassium, magnesium and calcium. Even if you are not following the diet, this is the choice for you.
- Have more fresh fruits and veggies. The alkaline diet is a natural diet, and you need to include more fruits and veggies in the mix. Steer clear of rice and grains to the extent possible, and try to fill your plate with organic produce.
- Cook your meals. If you keep eating out, you can never follow a diet plan. Try to cook your meals at home, and there are many cookbooks that make cooking easy for beginners. The alkaline diet cookbooks are readily available on the internet.
- Include more soy. Since you cannot have most of the dairy products, you need to find a suitable alternative. Soy products are great for anyone who is trying to turn vegan or wants to follow the alkaline way of living.
Finally, enjoy your meals. Do not punish yourself by eating less, no matter what your fitness goals are. It is okay to indulge, as long as you are focused on portion control. Eat the right foods, and your body will respond.